Welcome to the 20th anniversary of Trophy Computers & Robotics. We aim to make this a great event for our parents and all other interested parties.
Many parents and learners have asked us in the past to explain the different kinds of robotics competitions to them. This is your opportunity to get a first hand experience all in one place. Unfortunately we cannot do all, but we would like to at least give your child hands-on experience in some of the local and international competitions.
We are also going to introduce our Arduino Robots to show learners how to use it in the robot parade. Trophy Robotics has designed 2 different robots that will lead the Parade.
For the most part, this will be just a fun day of doing competitions and winning prizes. Each category will have its own prizes. These are the different categories for the day:
- The day will start with the Robot Parade. The theme for the parade is “It’s my party”. The robot parade is open for primary school learners up to grade 7. Please note that the robot must be able to follow a line, pull a float and avoid obstacles. This is not so much a competition as it is an exhibition of your creativity.
- Junior FIRST LEGO League teams (by invitation only) will also exhibit their achievements for the season. This will be an official exhibition for these little guys.
- There will be a Speed Building Challenge for the grade 1 to 4 groups. As we mainly focus on mechanics in our clubs for the little ones, this would be an ideal opportunity for them to show just how good they are at building.
- World Robotics Olympiad - Explorer competition: It is an entry level competition for learners to get ready for the real thing. This is a fun challenge and I would like to urge learners to enter the competition and learn more about WRO. Programming will be done at the competition.
- The final event for the day is the SA BottleSumo competition. The 2 winning teams will be selected to represent South Africa at the Robofest World Championship in 2018 in Michigan. We will start with BottleSumo workshops from August and we would like to urge teams to attend one of these workshops to get ready for the championship event.
Program for the day
|register 8:30||08:30||09:00||09:30||10:00||register 10:15||10:30||11:00||11:30||register 11:45||12:00||12:30||13:00||13:30||14:00||14:30||15:00|
We will have a LEGO shop for the day and we believe some really great specials.